Updated February 2018
Hedgren respects your privacy and strives to comply with all applicable laws.
“Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, including:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
- Profile picture
- Social media account ID
Collection of Personal Information
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services On the Hedgren Sites: We may collect Personal Information through the services offered on the Hedgren Sites, e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter or make a purchase.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you place an order over the phone or contact customer service.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as our affiliates, public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected) and from other third parties. In addition, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Hedgren account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends' profiles.
Selling of data prohibition
Under no circumstances will Hedgren sell your personal information.
Prior consent – direct marketing
Hedgren may share its product news and offerings with you via e-mail. In such case and in any direct marketing activities, Hedgren makes sure to obtain your prior consent, as required by law.
Right to correct and/or delete your personal information
At any time you may contact us via E-Store@hedgren.com with any privacy questions or concerns you may have. You may also ask to see the personal profile you have created with Hedgren and request correction or deletion within reasonable timeframes.
Protection of personal information
Hedgren uses certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Hedgren, and you do so at your own risk. Hedgren cannot guarantee that information you provide or that we collect may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If Hedgren learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Hedgren may post a notice on the Hedgren Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us.
Use of data
Hedgren uses your Personal Information to personalize your browsing experience, process your purchase and to provide service and support. Hedgren also uses non-personal information to collect statistics. Moreover, your personal data will also be used to send you communications which you explicitly requested to receive and to deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website. More specifically, we and our service providers may user Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to complete your transactions and provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies, as well as marketing communications that we believe may be of interest.
- To personalize your experience on the Hedgren Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you and to facilitate social sharing functionality.
- For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Hedgren Site and related services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- To push any notifications generated by our mobile applications.
Disclosure of data
Hedgren may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant in the manner required by the requesting entity. Hedgren also reserves the right to disclose personal information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary: to take precautions against liability; to protect Hedgren from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Hedgren Site; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Hedgren, our Users, or others.
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable person, such as: browser and device information, mobile application usage data, information collected through cookies and similar technologies, demographic information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity, and information that has been aggregated in a manner that anonymizes your identity (collectively, “Other Information”). Other Information is collected by us in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Other Information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Hedgren Site you are using. We use this information to ensure that the services offered by the Hedgren Site function properly.
- Through your use of mobile applications: When you download and use our mobile applications (“App”), we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Hedgren Site (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Hedgren Site and response rates.
- Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects ("Flash LSOs")) and other similar technologies: We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Hedgren Site. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also go to the Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions (which may explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as "information" on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including those used in connection with the Hedgren Site.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Hedgren Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Hedgren Site. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Hedgren does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years-of-age. If Hedgren learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on or through the Hedgren Site, then Hedgren will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who you believe has registered an Account on the Hedgren Site, then please contact us to have that child’s Account terminated and information deleted.
JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
The Hedgren Sites are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Hedgren Sites you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
IN THE EVENT OF MERGER OR SALE
In the event that Hedgren is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.